Thursday, June 10, 2010

Bricks finished

ALL BRICK PIERS ARE GOING TO BE RENDERED THIS COLOUR, FACEBRICK TO REMAINER


The brickies have finished! We're very happy with their work. We did have some problems though with the height of the rear half brick piers on the porch.





Although they were building correctly to plan, I wanted to change it. I didn't know that the height of the piers was measured from the height of the main slab, not the porch slab, therefore they were higher than I desired.

In the end, I requested a Variation Order to have the heights lowered and show more wood post. They were not going to do it as they stated it was structural until I made a statement by going on site and pulling bricks down!! I commend them honouring customer's requests.....hahaha and so they bloody should.



FRENCH DOORS HAVE ARRIVED!












No comments:

Post a Comment