Sunday, June 6, 2010

Nearly lockup

We're nearly at lockup. No photos this time. Bricks are done alongside the fence side all the way to the roof. We have all of the porch bricked up and half the front verandah. Most things have been good so far.

How's this though? I was wondering if the plumbers capped the end of the gas line that descends from the roof into the fireplace wall. I noticed that it was not done earlier and now the wall has been covered with plaster. We're making provision to put in a gas fireplace after handover so we had a frame, gas line and power point installed inside the wall for future installation.
I thought surely they would have capped the pipe prior to plaster. While I was snooping around in the roof today, I made an effort to look down into this wall cavity and noticed the pipe had not been capped. I'm not sure when they planned to do this but I thought it would have been done before the plaster. This would make for a dangerous leak inside the wall when the gas is connected. Maybe they knew about this already and had another plan. Interesting though that something as critical as this may have been missed.

I also noticed a small leak onto plaster inside the roof space. Im sure this is not supposed to happen. I'm glad I had a chance to check this out soon after heavy rain so I can get this fixed.

Anyway, hopefully lockup next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment