Sunday, May 23, 2010

The house is wired!!

The electricians were in on Friday and have wired the house. They've done this prior to the bricks being layed. The solar panel is also installed.
I asked the electrician to add 5 extra downlights and have a powerpoint moved. They charged $40 less per light than the builder. I should have asked for all downlights from them!





I decided to get a downlight in the casual room just above the gas fireplace wall as it will look great if we put a painting on the wall here. I requested the other 4 downlights to go outside on the alfresco. Now we have downlights on the verandah at the front and downlights at the rear of the house. I also moved a powerpoint in the garage as I'm going to use this to supply the PSU for the home network system.


I have organised to have a subcontracter wire the house with data points, TV coax cables (Inc HDMI cable in wall behind tv room) and a phone line. We plan to go wireless for internet but we're going to have 4 data points, including one in the garage and one in the tv room for future internet TV.

The lockup carpenter will be on site this week and hopefully there will be some progress with the bricks. I doubt the bricks will take long. We'll be at lockup stage before we know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment