Tuesday, May 25, 2010

More progress

I happened to run into the supervisor today whilst I was at Doreen. I thought i'd buy him a coffee as he was at the house making sure the frame is ready for plaster. He mentioned the plaster arrives on Friday and will start next week. Bricks are due to start on Wednesday (tomorrow). The SS mentioned that the DR bricks are very hard to lay because of the undulations (bannana bent) of the brick. But they are a feature brick and will look fabulous. He says has a good brickie to do the job.

I have the chippy arriving tomorrow to add cavity sliding doors/noggins/fireplace frame and the plumber to add an extra rainwater pipe to the laundry for the washing machine which will be a fantastic water saver.

The guy fitting the insulation was on the job today. He had enough left over to almost fill the wall between the theatre room and casual for added sound suppression. I bought some extra from Bunnings for $40 to fit in wall between the master and the ensuite/toilet. The SS is pretty easy about doing a few things ourselves which is really helpful. I've already siliconed and tied the water pipes to prevent noise behind the walls.



I've been searching for a rainwater tank to add to the rear of the house. I'm intending to get a slimline tank (as above) to match the colour of the roof. They're only half a metre wide! This way we can water the veggie patch and provide water to the toilets and laundry.

Can't wait to see the bricks done! Photos tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment